Thursday, February 5, 2015

Adaptations!

Happy February People! I love film adaptations. I love comparing and contrasting, and seeing how a director and screenwriter interpret an author's work. Two films coming out this month give me a reason to be excited.

1.) I'm not one of those fangirls who crosses their fingers and vows to say nasty things on Facebook if the film isn't exactly like the book. Sometimes the concept of a book makes a better movie than the actual story, like The DUFF, based on the novel by Kody Keplinger. I love Mae Whitman, I think she's adorable.




 
 
2.) Everyone has their opinions. Is it abuse, is it not. It's an erotica novel, not a Harper Lee classic meant to be studied and dissected in a high school AP English class. I think people put way too much energy into fiction smut. I'm not expecting cinematic genius; I think it'll be ridiculously fun and I'm curious to see how they turn an X-rated novel into an R-rated film.
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment